For more than 100 years, Clark Hill Thorp Reed has hired individuals who rank among the best and brightest in the legal profession, and are dedicated, team-oriented, client-focused, as well as community-minded. Such individuals have earned the firm its outstanding reputation among clients, peers, and community leaders.
But what the individual can do for the firm is only half the equation. At Clark Hill Thorp Reed, we also focus on what the firm can do for the individual. Competitive compensation and benefits packages are just a start. Our support services enable lawyers to excel in their areas of practice. Our commitment to community allows lawyers to effect change in their local community by offering pro bono legal aid to the disadvantaged. For administrative professionals, we offer a positive environment where their work is valued and respected. Law students in our summer associate program receive an invaluable combination of practical experience and mentoring.
Are you hard-working, motivated, committed to high ethical and professional standards? Are you an independent, creative thinker who also values teamwork and tradition? Do you consider client satisfaction the best measure of success? Then Clark Hill Thorp Reed may have a place for you.
Over the years, Clark Hill Thorp Reed has earned a reputation as a firm of attorneys who exemplify the best practices in the profession, and a firm that other attorneys frequently turn to for counsel.
Other attorneys also come to us for positions as associates and partners because of the firm’s support services and client-focused culture. Furthermore, the firm’s reputation in the legal and business communities fosters a flow of prospective clients.
Clark Hill Thorp Reed invites you to learn more about joining our supportive environment and proud tradition by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Hill Thorp Reed summer associate program invites law students to join our firm’s century-old tradition of professional excellence and work within our highly supportive, team-oriented environment. Guided by seasoned lawyers in many of our practice areas, Clark Hill Thorp Reed summer associates are given significant responsibilities and obtain a level of experience that is rare among other programs. Summer associates also interact with a mentor who gives them a broader view of the firm and with whom they can discuss more general professional issues. Experience in our summer associate program is highly regarded. Former summer associates are at the top of our list when we hire new attorneys.
Clark Hill Thorp Reed is known as a firm of lawyers who exemplify the profession’s best practices. And we also encourage those who will pioneer new ground, employ inventive strategies, and perhaps redefine those best practices. If you are looking for a demanding but uniquely rewarding experience, as well as a long-lasting professional relationship, e-mail: email@example.com.
Clark Hill Thorp Reed attorneys excel, in part, because of the talented, dedicated individuals supporting them, including legal secretaries, paralegals, records assistants, information technology analysts, librarians, business office staff, and human resources and marketing professionals.
What does it take to be part of that team? Intelligence, a good work ethic, and a commitment to providing the highest quality support and service to our attorneys and clients. In return, Thorp Reed offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, and an environment where your work is appreciated and your peers are as dedicated as you. Additionally, you will work with some of the best attorneys around. You can take pride in being part of the firm’s century-old tradition, its solid reputation, and the extensive work it does for community organizations and charities.
Please see below for current career opportunities.
MID-LEVEL ERISA/BENEFITS ATTORNEY
Clark Hill Thorp Reed is in need of an Attorney with at least 6 years of experience in benefits matters to join the Labor & Employment Practice Group in our Pittsburgh office. Qualified candidates will have a full range of benefits experience including:
- Drafting and negotiation of benefit provisions in transaction and financing agreements;
- Assessing employer withdrawal liability issues in connection with multi-employer plans;
- Drafting and implementation of retirement plans (qualified and nonqualified) and welfare benefit plans;
- Determining plan compliance with ERISA regulations and the Internal Revenue Code;
- Preparing IRS, Department of Labor and PBGC filings;
- Assisting with plan audits; and
- Prior experience with qualified plan correction programs.
All interested attorneys must have significant experience working directly with business or governmental clients, though experience with individual clients is helpful as well. Qualified candidates should also be able to demonstrate ownership of client relationships. Additionally, candidates should possess a solid work ethic and strong interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, resume, writing sample and law school transcript to Recruiting@thorpreed.com
REGIONAL LEGAL RECRUITMENT MANAGER
Clark Hill Thorp Reed is seeking a Regional Legal Recruitment Manager to join the firm’s Human Resources department in the Pittsburgh office. The Regional Legal Recruitment Manager will be responsible for managing legal recruiting primarily in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and for providing advisory and support services to the firm’s recruiting team generally. This position reports to Clark Hill’s firm-wide Manager of Legal Recruitment.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage lateral associate attorney and senior counsel recruiting for the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia markets;
- Assist with lateral member attorney recruiting for the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia markets by screening resumes, conducting introductory interviews, facilitating the due diligence process and coordinating follow-up meetings with the firm-wide Manager of Legal Recruitment;
- Assist with the facilitation of the recruiting process in other markets as directed;
- Conduct market research on and act as a liaison with local recruiters in designated markets; and
- Serve as a liaison with local law school career services offices generally and for the firm’s summer associate hiring in the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia markets.
The qualified candidate should possess the following:
- A minimum of five years of experience in recruiting within a professional services firm or educational institution.
- Juris Doctor and/or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field including but not limited to human resources or communications.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills and strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current technology related to managing recruiting and human resources processes would be considered “a plus.”
About the Firm:
Clark Hill PLC and Thorp Reed & Armstrong, LLP recently announced an agreement to merge the two firms, each with more than 100 years of history. The firms expect the merger to close in the second quarter of this year. The combined firm includes more than 300 attorneys in a wide variety of practice areas. The firm will operate in 12 offices in seven states plus the District of Columbia. Office locations are in Birmingham, Mich., Chicago, Ill., Detroit, Mich., Grand Rapids, Mich., Lansing, Mich., Philadelphia, Pa., Phoenix, Ariz., Pittsburgh, Pa., Princeton, N.J., Washington, D.C., Wheeling, W.Va. and Wilmington, Del.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Recruiting@thorpreed.com. Please include “Regional Legal Recruitment Manager” in the subject line of the submission email.
No opportunities available at this time.
No opportunities available at this time.
Clark Hill Thorp Reed offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Qualified candidates should e-mail or send resume with salary requirements to:
Clark Hill Thorp Reed
One Oxford Centre
301 Grant Street, 14th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219